Medical MasterClass (MRCP) Interactive Cases CD 1
The two Medical Masterclass CD-ROMs contain a total of 60 interactive case scenarios each. Each case study takes you through the full process of patient examination and history taking, differential diagnosis, ordering of tests, procedures (costs and time scales are included), management and final diagnosis. Each case is submitted for immediate expert comment and notes accompany the correct diagnosis in each case.
*The opening screen invites the user to select a case from the list of case descriptions.
*Once the case has been selected, the learning objectives are defined and further instructions are given.
*The user is given a brief history and is able to assemble a more detailed history via menu options.
*A full patient examination can be undertaken.
*Once the history and examination procedures are complete, the user is asked to make initial diagnosis.
*Tests can be ordered. Time scales and costs are given for tests with immediate results.
*Treatment procedures can be ordered on the basis of test results. A summary of progress is given in response to the treatment ordered.
*A summary of the results of all tests and procedures ordered is given together with the cost.
*Based on all the assembled information, the user is asked to make a final diagnosis.
*The case study concludes with a description of the correct diagnosis or diagnoses and the user is marked. The time in which the case study was completed is recorded.
*The format is remarkably close to real life: you must start making management decisions before all of the test results are available. All case scenarios are fully illustrated and include self-assessment questions, and most cases include patient video materials.
Requires Microsoft Windows 2000, XP or Vista. Quick time included inside.
Case List in CD 1
1. More breathlessness over the last few weeks
2. Fever and skin rash
3. A suicide attempt
4. Abnormal liver function tests
5. Persistent fever on the ICU
6. Nausea, exhaustion and general malaise
7. Blindness in one eye
8. Facial swelling and collapse
9. A ’shadow’ on the chest X-ray
10. Generalised weakness
12. Headaches, poor vision and los of libido
13. Jaundice and confusion
14. Abdominal swelling
15. An asian woman with microcytic anemia in pregnancy
16. Insidious tiredness and shortness of breath
17. Abdominal distension and discomfort, weight lsoo and diarrhoea
18. Recurrent funny turns
19. Short of breath for a year and getting worse
20. Chest pain, breathlessness and fever
21. A bent back
22. Malaise, fever, hearing loss, nose bleeds and renal impairment
23. Acute shortness of breath
24. Hypoglycemic coma
26. Pleural effusion
27. Petechial rash
28. Rash, arthralgia and cough
29. Episodes of weakness and paraesthesiae
30. Fever after a visit to Kenya
Download part 1
Download part 2
Download part 3
Download part 4
Download part 5
Download part 6